The History of Champion
In 1999, Ricky Lyons commenced operations of Champion Partners LLC as a real estate development firm located and operating from Scottsdale Arizona and developing in the Southwest. Early in 2006, Ricky acquired 100% of Champion Partners, LLC., and simultaneously formed Champion Partnerships, LLLP., capitalizing the entity with a group of partners who assist by bringing differing experiences to Champion, thereby enhancing all of its experiences.
Ricky started his career practicing law with Witten Law Firm in Edmonton, Alberta from 1969 to 1983. As a senior partner, he represented Canada’s premier real estate developers, initiating and completing significant real estate transactions throughout western Canada. Projects included acquisition, entitlement, major tenant leasing, financing and (in some cases) sale of the projects. In 1983, Ricky and his family moved to Scottsdale, Arizona. Prior to the formation of Champion, he developed several projects.
Champion Commercial Developers
Ricky has created The Champion Advocacy Experiences™, umbrella’d by The Champion Experience™ which powers The Tenant Advocacy Experience™, the Buyer Advocacy Experience™, The Team Champion Experience™, The Broker Advocacy Experience™, The Broker Shop™ , and The Seller Advantage™, The Exclusivity Solution™ and The Smooth Setup Toolbox™. These “Experiences” are the driving force that in turn empowers Team ChampionT members.
Since the formation of Champion, Ricky and Team Champion™ have taken the following developments to successful conclusion, paying investors better than expected returns:
- 10900 Scottsdale at Mescal, Scottsdale Arizona, a 55,000 square foot medical complex, bought as a value added opportunity.
- Red Rock Plaza, a 88,000 shopping complex shadow anchored by The Home Depot and PetsMart in North Las Vegas, Nevada.
- With Continental Properties Inc., an 86,000 square foot KOHL’s store coupled with the successful sale of the adjacent land for an M & I Bank location and additional strip shopping opportunity, located in Surprise Arizona.
- Arrowhead Ranch Plaza, a 65,000 square foot shopping center located in Glendale Arizona, shadow anchored by Eckerd, started in January 2003 and completed and sold in March 2004.
- Arrowhead Commons, a 68,000 square foot office condominium project on campus with Arrowhead Ranch Plaza, started in August 2003 and sold out by May 2004.
- Promenade Commons at Fulton Ranch, a condominium project in the City of Chandler, Arizona, zoned.
- Jackrabbit Pavilions at McDowell, a to be built 350,000 square foot regional center in Buckeye Arizona.” zoned in the Town of Buckeye.
- Veranda Commons, a 32,000 square foot office condominium project in campus with Camelback Place at Dysart, zoned by Maricopa County with construction to start in 2005; second quarter.
- Camelback Place at Dysart, a 115,000 square foot neighborhood shopping center in Litchfield Park, Arizona, zoned by Maricopa County with construction to start in 2005, fourth quarter.
Currently Champion has in development the following projects:
- Laveen Gateway, a 70,000 square foot shopping center at the gateway to the Phoenix village of Laveen, zoned by City of Phoenix.
- Laveen Commons, a 30,000 square foot condominium project in campus with Laveen Gateway, zoned by the City of Phoenix.
- Sonoran Desert Commons, a condominium project in the city of Phoenix, on Carefree Highway.
- Sonoran Desert Office Builing, an office project on campus with Sonoran Desert Commons.
- The Plaza at Estrella Village, a 65,000 square foot retail project located at 75th Avenue and Lower Buckeye, Phoenix.
- The Commons at Estrella Village, a 40,000 square foot office condominium project in campus with the Plaza at Estrella Village.
- Marketplace Plaza at Fulton Ranch, a 35,000 square foot retail project at Chandler Heights Road and Arizona Avenue.
- Marketplace Commons at Fulton Ranch, a 53,000 square foot office condominium project in campus with Marketplace Plaza at Fulton Ranch.
- Sierra Verde Commons, a 64,000 square foot office condominium project north of the northwest corner at Litchfield and Waddell in Surprise, part of the Sierra Verde community, next door to Marley Park and one mile from the new City at Surprise.
- Sierra Verde Business Retail, a 40,000 square foot business retail condo project in campus with Sierra Verde Commons.
- Gateway Commons, a 20,000 square foot project at the NWC of Higley and Southern in Mesa, Arizona will consist of two medical/office condo buildings that will be in great proximity to the new hospital just one mile to the north.
- Higley Park Commons, a 76,000 square foot office condominium project on the NEC of Higley and Ray Roads in Gilbert.
- Marley Park Square, a 56,000 square feet of office condominiums which will be included in Marley Park Square.
- Marley Park Office, a 139,000 square feet of retail located at the SWC of Litchfield and Waddell.
- Marley Park Commons, a 82,500 square feet of Class A office space located in Marley Park Square at the SWC of Litchfield and Waddell
While practicing law in Canada, Ricky was involved in a myriad of projects including:
- Londonderry Mall (one million square feet) in Edmonton.
- West Edmonton Mall (five million square feet).
- Edmonton Eaton Center and Kingsway Garden Mall in Edmonton.
- Calgary Convention Center and adjacent Four Seasons Hotel as well as the Rocky Mountain Plaza in Calgary, Alberta.
After moving to the United States and prior to Champion being founded, Ricky’s real estate projects include:
- The Borgata of Scottsdale, a high end specialty center, Scottsdale, AZ.
- Desert Valley Medical Plaza, a 50,000 square foot medical office building at 40th Street and Bell Road, Phoenix, AZ.
- Pointe*Orlando, a 450,000 square foot lifestyle entertainment shopping center developed across from the Orlando Orange County Convention Center. The center features as anchor tenants a 35,000 square foot FAO Schwarz store, 25,000 square foot Footlocker triplex, 20 stadium theatre cinemas, 550 seat 3D IMAX theatre, and 2600 structured car parking facility. Orlando, FL.
- A 180,000 square foot neighborhood shopping center, Phoenix, AZ.
- A 20 acre land development project featuring two hotels and several pads including Circle K, McDonald’s and Discount Tire, located 51st Avenue and the McDowell Road, Phoenix, AZ.
- Shopping center and land development transactions, Las Vegas, NV.
- Gateway Plaza Power Center, north central Alberta.